Sunday, July 20, 2008

More vintage linens!

Love this quilt. It's a Grandma's Flower Garden quilt. I am guessing from the materials that it was made in the 30's. It's big too. This picture was taken on my king size bed!

I think this is my favorite square. I love the dainty little flowers!


And I love this set of Days Of The Week Kitchen Towels. All hand embroidered. Cute kittens!



My favorite is the sleeping kitty on Sunday. That's what I feel like doing right now!

Sadly I am going to part with all of the linens and other antique things that I show on this blog. I did some investigating and found out more about the doll from this post. She is from the early 1900's and is a Minerva #5. They will be coming in to Mystic Paper if you are local and would like to see them in person. If you're not local just leave a comment and an e-mail and I can send you more pictures.
Have a great day!



8 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love your quilt, but I must admit those little Kitties are just adorable, and have stolen my heart a little.xo Lidy

Lindsey Michaelree said...

You have been getting a lot of great finds lately! Love all the pictures of the grandkids, they are too cute!

Her Vintage Stage said...

Love the quilt! Lots.

carlene federer said...

Hey cutie! Fab quilt, I have a Flower Garden done in pinks that my grandma made me when I was little, I treasure it...
and I am SO in to embroidering dish towels now, and Im also collecting vintage ones, I gotta come see all your goodies!

sherry said...

Kim
Love love the quilt. Hopefully I can see it before Ms Colleen :)

Sweet Sage said...

Love those kitties!!

Heartinmyhand said...

Hey Kim, Oooh I love that quilt. I love that green they used in old quilts. The kitties are just to darn cute

CeCe said...

All of the finds are wonderful. I have so enjoyed catching up with all the postings I have missed. Thank you for a big part of my lazy day entertainment today!