Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Little Grandson, Mason

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he undergoes surgery this afternoon for a tumor that was found very close to his brain. The doctors say they have never seen this in anyone younger than 13. Mason is only 4. If there is anything to be learned from this it is that you need to follow your gut and pursue every avenue when it comes to your medical treatment. Mason was dismissed a week ago at the Army Hospital in Colorado Springs and the Dr. told them that he is sure he fell and hit his head and they just didn't know about it. Yes, this is a rare tumor but you don't dismiss it as trauma when you have the symptoms Mason was having. Am I angry, you bet. Am I scared, more than anything.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sitting here wishing you the very best outcome possible.

Chia said...

Kim, I am so sorry for all of you. This is a frightening thing to have to deal with. My best wishes are with all of you.

Unknown said...

Oh Kim,
I am stoping right now and having a serious discussion with God.....
Plese let u sknow when you can, how this turned out....

Kaylee Fern said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry. I hope everything went out well. :)

CeCe said...

Hi Kim,
Just read this and it is Sunday morning. Hoping all is well with the little doll of a grandson. Medical stuff is always so scary, especially in the little ones. Many thoughts of healing-CeCe

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Catching up on the blogs today..... So sorry to hear about Mason. Sounds like he did very well as I read your last post first! Keep your chin up!