Friday, October 3, 2008

Lately I've been posting about things I love...


And this post isn't any different except for one thing that I will get to later. For starters, I love my backyard. It's lush and green. And I love this guy with the crazy mask on. And I love that he loves what he is doing. Working with his hands. Building things. Not flying all over the Country being Mr. Corporate man. He's building some custom book shelves for a friend. They're turning out great Colleen!

What I don't love is the smell of lacquer at 6:00 A.M. when I'm trying to sleep on what is the first night that we can sleep with the windows open. Windows that open into the backyard! He's polluting my backyard. This is the same backyard that will, hopefully soon, have a chicken coop with four happy chickens laying eggs. I am actually taking a class next week to learn how to keep happy chickens in the Desert Southwest. I also hope to be growing edible things in this backyard. Things like carrots and broccoli which won't be polluted with pesticides and lacquer!

This is something I love. A simple little birds nest. Look at the work those little birds put into their homes. And they do it every year! Do you think they get together towards the end of Winter and complain about having to build a new house? Maybe they have the competitive spirit and have to build a better nest than the Jones's.

And here's another one. I think the bird that build this nest was going for strength. He used a lot of mud on the final layer. Jennifer found both of these nests on the ground while she was walking over to our house and she brought them to me! Thanks Jennifer, I love 'em!

This is a tea that I dearly love. So much that if I don't have this tea I can be cranky. I didn't have my beloved tea for two days. Three stores later I finally found some at Sprouts. Thanks Sprouts, I couldn't have gone another day. I'm on my third cup of the morning.

I have tried a lot of different Green Teas and I can't find one that tastes like this one. It has to be the Antioxidant Tea. It's got a tiny hint of citrus to it and it is THE BEST!

One more thing I love...Fridays! Not because I ever get the weekend off. We're always at the store. But the weekend means that most likely everyone that comes into the store has the weekend off and they are happy! So, happy Friday. We hope to see you this weekend!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Kim good morning! I've got to try the tea. Most tea's don't like me. I'm looking forward to class tomorrow. I'm getting prepared! I'll be talking to you later.

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Happy Friday to you, Kim! Chickens, huh? You never cease to amaze me. Will I be able to pick up a dozen of fresh eggs at MP? Hope to get in to the store today.

Lindsey said...

Chickens, what a great idea. I am in hopes of planting my own herb garden...tomatoes, basil, mint, strawberries. Anything that can survive the AZ weather.

Don't you just love the weather in the mornings/evenings. I know what you mean though...Jeff is also a handyman and always has something smelly or messing going on too.

Working on my layouts....almost done. If I don't see you this weekend it will be next!

Judy Wood said...

have a great and HAPPY weekend kim!

carlene federer said...

no WAY!!! I am SO jealous that you get to have chickens!!!Please have me over to visit them, PLEASE!!!
I'm planting a small garden this winter as well, let's compare notes...when are you planting your broccoli?

carlene federer said...

I got so excited about the chickens and the garden I forgot to ask...are you working tomorrow? I'm coming in to look for an album for my hiking scrapbook...hope to see you!

Carrie Hensley said...

I love your backyard! It's beautiful... Will you sell your eggs?? We could start a farmer's market. Have a great weekend!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Chickens?? Happy Hens Hotity House?? Gonna make a cool loooking hen house?? Can't wait to see how this drama progresses :) Good Luck!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I can't wait to see how the chicken thing works out!! MAYBE I could get MY hubby to let me have some chickens!! I absolutely LOVE fresh eggs! My dad had about a dozen chickens when I was a kid (post divorce era) so when I spent my summers with him it was my job to collect and DATE the eggs (don't want any stinkers, don't you know!) Plus he employed me to strip antiques for him and refinish furniture for a whopping $1 per hour (most of which I never saw anyway!!) But I can proudly and honestly say that I can strip and refinish furniture with the best of them!!

Judy said...

Wow! You go girl! Chickens! I used to love visiting my aunt's farm. She always had baby chicks when we visited. This city raised girl loved those little chicks! You are so lucky to have that lovely backyard to create a garden in and enjoy it. Makes me want to move! Oops! What am I saying??!! That thought gives me a major headache! LOL!!!

Joy said...

I am so envious of the chickens. Nothing like being able to go out and get fresh eggs. And thanks for the web site. We have our own little urban farm going on, without the barnyard. Sigh.

Dave said...

I just found your blog and love it. I particularly like the banner. Do you know Greg Peterson? He's well known as the Urban Farm guy here in Phoenix, nd he raises chickens too. (http://www.YourGuideToGreen.com/TheUrbanFarm/)