Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A huge thankyou to everyone!

Your comments and thoughts are so very appreciated. This has been a tough week. DAM is out of the hospital and in a rehab facility that is right down the street from our house. We were a little leary about choosing one sight unseen but went with the closest one to us. We went to check it out before they transported her and we were amazed. If I ever, ever, ever have to go to a rehab facility I'm checking myself in there. I pictured a stinky place with people sitting in wheel chairs with bibs on. You know...yuck. This place is beautiful! At the entrance you are greeted by a receptionist with a personality. A fake, but beautiful fireplace, nice furniture. And the hallways are beautifully wallpapered and pictures are hanging that are peaceful and warm. Ya know, we're kind of hoping she likes it there so much she won't want to leave! And the best part is that dogs are allowed the same visitation rights as people as long as they are house trained. There's an extra bed in her room that we're thinking about setting Maverick up in. Maybe the physical therapist will do a two for one!

So, I'll leave you with this visual...the first whole day that DAM was in the hospital things were very busy and we didn't get there when we thought we would. When we got to the nurses station there were people that wanted to talk to us and since Drs. and nurses are so busy we talked with them first before letting DAM know that we were there. The nurse wanted DAM's permission to tell us everything so we went into her room. No DAM! All of a sudden the bathroom door opened and out came DAM in a cloud of smoke. She was busted smoking in the bathroom! Let's just say that nurse chewed her out and went through her things to find the cigarettes and gave them all to me. But DAM is too smart for that, she had more but I don't think she tried to sneak one in the bathroom again. Heaven help us!!!

7 comments:

Maija said...

Naughty DAM!!!
I finally met Carlene this past weekend and I just LOVED her!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Glad you're happy with this place,it will save alot of worrying..And sounds like they will keep DAM in line..lol..

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Glad to hear DAM's been sprung! I hope she likes the new place and maybe she will decide to stay.

Shame on her for smoking in the hospital!! They seriously don't like that! But I'm sure she didn't really care, either!!

My thoughts are with you!! Fingers crossed she likes the place!! (And that Maverick will earn you the 2-for-1 deal!! He deserves it to!!)

CeCe said...

My heart is with you. I know first hand about ALL you are going through. One has to smile at the humor in the whole ordeal or one would join DAM in doing more than smoking!!

Anonymous said...

My mom has been sent to a rehab facility and I made sure that I paid a visit ( 9 hour flight) to check it out as well! There are some lovely and caring people that perform this service for us and our loved ones. I am glad you found one as well.

House of Hullabaloo said...

Kim I have tagged you. The way I understand this is you have to list your 5 addictions and tagg 5 other bloggers!

This isn't as bad as a chain letter is it?

Lisa

Becky Bunn said...

Kim, hopefully you will get the well needed rest you deserve. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that she likes it there. DAM is a rebel