Thursday, February 5, 2009

You know you've got a friend...


When they show up on your porch with all of these movies. Now why would this girl bring me so many movies? Because I'm stuck, yes stuck, at home until at least Monday. Yuck! A visit to my Dr. on Wednesday almost sent me to the hospital with pneumonia. We settled for a breathing treatment, a shot, 2 Z-packs (antibiotics), an inhaler, and a bottle of exactly what Maverick was taking, Prednisone. Strict orders to do nothing and to come back on Friday if I'm not alot better. So, not only are Jennifer and Ellen holding down the fort for extended periods of time (please note, Jennifer is allowed to close early so call if you're planning an evening trip to the store), Jennifer also makes house calls with tons of movies and oranges! Thanks Jen!


The Peddler, who is also sick, is really taking good care of me too. Trips to the grocery store, the video store, cooking, cleaning, and helping with DAM. We still have the Hospice people coming to the house, but she seems to be holding her own. I thought losing Maverick would be a set back but she says she was expecting it just like we all were.

So, you know how I keep the Beanie Baby of a mouse on top of the computer to remind me to laugh, I found this one today in a drawer. I always kept this one because it reminded me of Maverick! He's up there with the mouse now...so I can see him everyday.

14 comments:

sherry said...

Oh my goodness Kim. Sending tons of good wishes that you get better really soon. Mind the Doc as you certainly don't want to end up in the hospital. Enjoy the movies and rest and eat the oranges Jennifer brought you

Sweet Sage said...

What a sweet beanie!
FEEL BETTER!!
~kim

Kim said...

oh my goodness i'm so sorry! you definately have a full plate right now! your in my thoughts and prayers! take care of yourself!

Judy said...

I knew you weren't well but I didn't realize just how sick you were! Please take care of yourself. Glad Rick is pitching in to help out with everything! Rest, take the meds, and hope you are much better by now and that the doctor will think so too, today.

Hugs, hugs, hugs!! Judy

Judy Wood said...

feel BETTER! and rest, rest, REST! if you aren't feeling better today, go back to the doctor... take care kim! we MISS you!

Joy said...

Well, dang, Kim. I just don't know how much more fun one person can have! Please get lots of rest and get well soon. That Jennifer is a peach for sure.

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry all these things keep happening to you....Dylan is also on Prednisone-it really does work miracles. Hopefully you are feeling better real soon! Thinking & praying for you guys!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Take care of yourself! It's so important! And yes, Jennifer is a true BFF!!! I hope you and Rick are both feeling better soon!!!

Becky Bunn said...

My gosh Kim you have been through a lot. I'm thinking of you and feel better soon.
big hugs

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Get well, my friend. I make good chicken noodle soup. Should I bring some over?

Whitney Johnson said...

I miss you guys, too! Yes, I will stop in. Sounds like you're on a roller coaster like mine...all my best wishes coming your way, Kim! :)
See ya soon

CeCe said...

Hope you are feeling better, Kim! Do take care of yourself.

carlene federer said...

sorry you've been sick! we had it at my house too, it lasts forever it seems! but at least it looks like you got caught up on your movie watching, lol! hope you're feeling better by now!

Unknown said...

Poor Kim I didn't know you were sick (I am a terrible friend) I hope you're doing better. And I will keep up the prayers for you and your fam (: Because I am me and my house attacks every once in a while I broke my toe and was house bound. I am up to driving again and will stop in and say 'hi'

Gwen