Friday, September 26, 2008

A few more things I love...


My hand carved wood duck decoy. I found him at a yard sale in CA. Couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it. A couple of days later I landed in the hospital and while I was there the Peddler tracked it down and bought it for me! As you can see I think he's been shot a few times. It gives him such personality!

The artist signed him, but I have no idea who this is.

This is another pencil sketch. The artist is Virgil Stephens. I had bought a sketch from him before and when I saw this one I knew I had to have it. He drew this the day of the attacks on the World Trade Center. He said it was how he dealt with everything he was seeing. Virgil even sent this to me before I paid for it. I was one of the first people to respond to him about wanting it and he said he needed to keep busy that day so off to the post office he went.


He drew some "hidden" images in this one but the only one I could find this morning was the flag in the mountain. Can you see it? I'll have to spend some time studying this again and find the others.

Off to work. Have a great day!

6 comments:

carlene federer said...

you have the most interesting stuff, very cool!!!

Sandy said...

I love the duck and the baby shoes. You know me, not too western loving but old and interesting does the trick.

Lindsey said...

I love seeing all your treasures. Everything has such great character. Love the baby shoes, I wish they were in style right now!

Joy said...

These are all such wonderful "found" things, Kim. I've enjoyed the peek you've given us. The pencil drawings are wonderful ~ definitely YOU!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love the duck (of course!)

Anonymous said...

I was expecting to find the twin towers hidden in that drawing...I didn't find them. but I did find a cowboy. If you look just below the brim of his cowboy hat, the hidden cowboy just looks like a mountain. Very interestink.